Hi, friends. I’m Gabrielle.
I really strangely love icebreakers. On the first day of class when the professor is like “Okay let’s do an icebreaker”, everyone groans like “omg i beg of you anything but that.” And sometimes I pretend like I’m upset too but only because it’s the first day and I want to seem fun and relateable to my peers, but other times I can’t control my excitement and I’m like “YES ALL RIGHT LETS DO THIS.”
Today is one of those days. So let’s make like a polar bear standing in the Arctic and break some ice. If you laughed at that feeble attempt at humor…I love you. If you didn’t… I kind-of like you but it’s complicated.
- In middle school I won the spelling bee with the word “antidisestablishmentarianism”. I did not Google this just now. I can, and frequently will, recite this at a moment’s notice. I implore you to ask me.
- I was cast in the employee pool as “Snow White” in Disney World after pantomiming how a princess would plant a tree and wash a dog (but not at the same time) in front of a room filled with people.
- I love British accents so much. My top three favorites are:
– Grandmama Violet Crawley
– Kiera Knightley/Benedict Cumberbatch
- I can do a brilliant impression of one of Hollywood’s greatest. It’s the shrimp from “Shark Tale” who says “You’re a good person”.
- As I write this, I am living in Manhattan for the summer. It has truly changed me into a working professional mostly because I now order a “grande soy caramel macchiato upside down” in less than 1/3 of a second while juggling and reciting a monologue from Hamlet.
- I love pancakes so much and if I had a dollar for every time I have wanted to eat them, I would have a lot of dollars and would retire and buy out my own chain of Cracker Barrels.
- My family is comprised of the most wonderful people in the world. They are my loves, they are my heroes, and they are probably the only ones reading this so, hi everybody!! I love you!
- Singing is my favorite thing to do. I also play the piano. And when I say “I also play the piano” I mean, I can only play A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton and a couple Coldplay intros and the ice cream truck song on piano and that’s all.
- Often times I find myself wondering if it’s normal that I go through an entire jar of peanut butter every week. But not often enough to stop.
- I told myself that I would quit at ten but I still have many thoughts and I’m on a roll. So I will pull a “I would use my third wish for more wishes” and say I also love sundresses, people that whistle for fun, gelato, Jane Austen, journaling, MAC lipstick, hats, my cats, rhyming, teacups, Quest Bars, Saturdays, big bags, little bags, cookies, convertibles, autumn, poems, poems about autumn, old films, art museums, history museums, any kind of museums, astronomy, and the Glade scent “Hawaiian Breeze”.
Follow me on Instagram: @gabriellgep